Current individual projects
On this page you will find an overview of all individual projects in which NICAS participates. These are PhD or postdoc projects carried out in collaboration with cultural heritage institutions in the Netherlands. As a rule, the projects fit into the NICAS research agenda and one or more NICAS partner partner institutions participate in these projects.
Individual research projects
- Application of novel synchrotron-based analysis techniques to study zinc white degradation in oil paint
- Copper in the Dutch Golden Age
- Glass sickness
- Large volume imaging of cultural heritage with optical coherence tomography
- Molecular perspective on the cleaning of paintings
- Prediction of damage for 18th-century pastels subjected to vibrations induced during transportation
- Preparation and application of modified linseed oils in late medieval painting
- Profound study of hydrous and solvent interactions in cleaning Asian lacquer
- Titanium white: friend or foe?
- Ultramarine disease
- A fundamental molecular understanding of oil paint degradation
- The 3D reproduction of art: 3D printing as a conservation strategy for paintings
- FOR-C Van Gogh: Fading Observations and Risk assessment of Colour change in Van Gogh’s works