NICAS Project Day 2017
On Monday 13 November, NICAS will organise a Project Day, informing you about various research projects. This year, the focus will be on projects carried out by the partners within NICAS and with other partners in the Netherlands.
We would like to invite everyone to join us for the presentation of these projects.
In addition to presenting these projects, there will be moments for networking during the afternoon and during drinks after the presentations. This will give everyone ample opportunity to discuss plans for future research that we hope to present at a next edition of the Project Day.
Everyone is welcome to attend, so please feel free to forward this invitation to colleagues or other people who may be interested in the activities of NICAS.
The final programme will be published shortly before the event. The provision programme is:
- 13.00-13.10: Welcome and general update on NICAS activities
- 13.10-14.30: Project presentations
- 14.30-15.00: Break (coffe and tea)
- 15.00-16.40: Project presentations
- 16.40-18.00: Drinks
The Project Day will include the following presentations:
- Maarten van Bomnmel - “Back to the Objects”, characterisation and conservation of textiles found in the shipwreck BZN17
- Tom Callewaert - Large Volume Imaging of Cultural Heritage with Optical Coherence Tomography
- Birgit van Driel - Titanium White: friend or foe?
- Selwin Hageraats – Combining Synchrotron Photoluminescence Imaging and Microspectroscopy to Study Zinc White Degradation in Oil Paint.
- Paulien ‘t Hoen & Olivia van Rooijen - Project Plastics: identification of lastics outside the lab
- Indra Kneepkens - The Preparation and Application of Modified Linseed Oils in Late Medieval Panel Painting
- Frank Ligterink – Drawing Out Rembrandt
- Arie Pappot - Chalcochronology or the Chemical Composition of Copper Through Time
- Abbie Vandivere - The Girl in the Spotlight: a technical (re-)examination of Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl
- Jonas Veenhoven – PHySICAL: Profound Study of Hydrous and Solvent Interactions in Cleaning Asian Lacquer
As the venue can only host a limited number of people, we kindly ask you to register by clicking the button below.
Monday, 13 November 2017.
13:00 – 18:00 hrs.
Auditorium of the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam.